मैंने तेरी मोहब्बत की वजह से ख़सारा उठाया है बहुत।
पर मेरे इश्क़ के जुनून ने तेरे हुस्न को निखारा है बहुत।
I have suffered immense loss because of my love for you.
Yet, the madness of my passion has enhanced and adorned your beauty greatly.
मैंने वादा निभाने की ख़ातिर तेरा इंतज़ार किया है बहुत।
तूने बेरहमी से हर वक़्त सताया मुझको है बहुत।
For the sake of keeping my promise, I waited for you endlessly.
But you mercilessly tormented me at every step.
यह मेरी सादगी थी कि मैं तेरी ज़ुल्फ़ों में गिरफ़्तार हुआ।
अपनी रानाइयों से तूने मुझे ज़ेर-ए-हिरासत में लिया।
It was my simplicity that I got trapped in the curls of your tresses.
With your stunning charm and elegance, you took me into your custody.
मैं सुनाता रहा तुमको दास्तान-ए-अलिफ़ लैला जो हुई थी मक़बूल।
तूने मेरी हर इल्तिजा को किसी हालत में किया था न क़बूल।
I kept telling you the famous tales of Arabian Nights (Alif Laila).
Yet, under no circumstance did you accept a single plea of mine.
मैं भटकता रहा सारी दुनिया में और जब वापस आया तेरी जानिब।
एक भूला जो भटका है दिन भर और शाम को घर लौटने के मानिंद।
I wandered all over the world, and when I finally turned back toward you,
I was like a lost soul who strays all day and returns home in the evening.
मैंने हर इल्ज़ाम लिया सर पे अपने और होने न दिया तुमको कभी बदनाम।
तूने इस क़दर किया मुझसे किनारा और करके रखा मुझको गुमनाम।
I took every accusation upon myself and never let your name be tarnished.
Yet you distanced yourself from me so completely, leaving me forgotten and obscure.
यह कैसे हालात में तूने मुझे अब छोड़ दिया है।
मेरे सारे पर कतर कर तूने मुझे आज़ाद किया है।
In what dire state have you abandoned me now?
You have set me free only after clipping all my wings.
No comments:
Post a Comment