Stanza 1
Hindi Script: हमसे जाया न गया हमको बुलाया न गया। बेरुख़ी इतनी बढ़ी हमको भुलाया ही गया।
English Translation:
I could not go, nor was I invited. Indifference grew so much that I was completely ignored/brushed aside.
Stanza 2
Hindi Script: हम तो मुंतज़िर रहे अक्सर उनके बुलावे के लिए वो बुलाते हमको सिर्फ़ एक बार दिखावे के लिए। क्या करें हमको ख़ुद से फिर आया न गया। हमसे जाया न गया हमको बुलाया न गया।
English Translation:
I often remained waiting for their invitation, Even if they had called me just once, merely for show. What could I do, I couldn't bring myself to go uninvited. I could not go, nor was I invited.
Stanza 3
Hindi Script: यह रंजिशें कैसे बढ़ी हमको मालूम न था। पर यह मौक़ा तहक़ीक़ के लिए माक़ूल न था। फिर कोई मौक़ा दोबारा हमारे हाथ न आया। हमसे जाया न गया हमको बुलाया न गया।
English Translation:
I didn't know how these misunderstandings/grievances grew, But that moment was not suitable for investigation. After that, another chance never came into my hands. I could not go, nor was I invited.
Stanza 4
Hindi Script: वो पेश आते रहे हम से बड़ी ख़ुश-अस्लूबी से। क्या पता था खो देंगे हम जो मिला था ख़ुश-नसीबी से। हमसे उल्फ़त का गीत फिर से गाया न गया। हमसे जाया न गया हमको बुलाया न गया।
English Translation:
They kept treating me with great elegance and courtesy. Who knew I would lose what I had gained through good fortune? I could never sing the song of love ever again. I could not go, nor was I invited.
Stanza 5
Hindi Script: हमारी उलझन थी वो बुलाते, उन्हें गुमान था हम ख़ुद ही आते। इसी अना की वजह से हमने गुज़ारी तन्हाई में ही तमाम रातें। उनसे भी सोज़-ए-दिल फिर से सुनाया न गया। हमसे जाया न गया हमको बुलाया न गया। बेरुख़ी इतनी बढ़ी हमको बुलाया ही गया।
English Translation:
My dilemma was that they should invite me, while they presumed I would come on my own. Because of this pride/ego, I spent all my nights in loneliness. They, too, could not express the anguish of their heart again. I could not go, nor was I invited. Indifference grew so much that I was completely ignored.
No comments:
Post a Comment