Urud Nazm: Aapki Inayat (आपकी इनायत)
Stanza 1
Hindi Script:
> आपकी इनायतों के रहे हम ता-उम्र मुंतज़िर,
> पर आपने एक पल में ख़्वाब कर दिए मुंतशिर।
>
English Translation:
> For your favors and blessings, I waited my whole life through,
> Yet in a single moment, all my dreams were scattered by you.
>
Stanza 2
Hindi Script:
> हाय! अपनी मोहब्बत को ये किसकी लग गई नज़र,
> कि रुसवा हुए जज़्बात अपने सर-ए-बाज़ार इस क़दर।
>
English Translation:
> Alas! Whose evil eye has fallen upon our love today,
> That our deepest emotions stand humiliated in the public display.
>
Stanza 3
Hindi Script:
> बार-हा आता रहा हमको कहीं से ये इल्हाम,
> कि हमेशा लगेगा हम पर ही बेवफ़ाई का इल्ज़ाम।
>
English Translation:
> Time and again, a divine intuition whispered to my heart,
> That I alone would be blamed for unfaithfulness from the start.
>
Stanza 4
Hindi Script:
> हम बेवफ़ा तो न थे, पर वफ़ा की नुमाइश न कर सके,
> तुम बेवफ़ा ही सही, पर वफ़ा का दिखावा तो कर सके।
>
English Translation:
> I was never unfaithful, though I could not put my loyalty on show,
> Faithless you may be, yet at least a pretense of love you could bestow.
>
Stanza 5
Hindi Script:
> अब एक-दूजे पर इल्ज़ाम-तराशी से क्या पाएँगे हम,
> सोचें तो सही, आख़िर कैसे एक-दूजे के हो पाएँगे हम?
>
English Translation:
> What will we gain now by trading blame and sorrow?
> We must ponder instead: how can we ever belong to each other tomorrow?
>
Stanza 6
Hindi Script:
> उम्र भर ग़ाफ़िल रहे अपनी ही नादानियों से हम,
> पर हर लम्हा मुतासिर रहे तेरी रानाइयों से हम।
>
English Translation:
> All my life I remained unaware of my own foolish ways,
> Yet every single moment, I was enchanted by your radiant grace.
>
Stanza 7
Hindi Script:
> हमने हर बार झुकाया तेरी बारगाह में अपना सर,
> और तू बेरहम बनकर ढाता रहा हम पर सितम।
>
English Translation:
> Every single time, I bowed my head in your reverence so deep,
> While you remained ruthless, causing me endlessly to weep.
>
Stanza 8
Hindi Script:
> ज़िंदगी भर सताता रहा हमको बस तेरा ही ग़म,
> अब तमन्ना यही है कि तेरे कूचे में निकले ये दम।
>
English Translation:
> All my life, it was only the sorrow of your love that pained my soul,
> Now my sole desire remains to draw my last breath at your threshold.
Ramesh Kaul
No comments:
Post a Comment