Urud Nazm: Aapki Inayat (आपकी इनायत)
आपकी इनायतों के रहे हम ता-उम्र मुंतज़िर,
पर आपने एक पल में ख़्वाब कर दिए मुंतशिर।
For your favors and blessings, I waited my whole life through,
Yet in a single moment, all my dreams were scattered by you.
हाय! अपनी मोहब्बत को ये किसकी लग गई नज़र,
कि रुसवा हुए जज़्बात अपने सर-ए-बाज़ार इस क़दर।
Alas! Whose evil eye has fallen upon our love today,
That our deepest emotions stand humiliated in the public display.
बार-हा आता रहा हमको कहीं से ये इल्हाम,
कि हमेशा लगेगा हम पर ही बेवफ़ाई का इल्ज़ाम।
Time and again, a divine intuition whispered to my heart,
That I alone would be blamed for unfaithfulness from the start.
हम बेवफ़ा तो न थे, पर वफ़ा की नुमाइश न कर सके,
तुम बेवफ़ा ही सही, पर वफ़ा का दिखावा तो कर सके।
I was never unfaithful, though I could not put my loyalty on show,
Faithless you may be, yet at least a pretense of love you could bestow.
अब एक-दूजे पर इल्ज़ाम-तराशी से क्या पाएँगे हम,
सोचें तो सही, आख़िर कैसे एक-दूजे के हो पाएँगे
What will we gain now by trading blame and sorrow?
We must ponder instead: how can we ever belong to each other tomorrow?
उम्र भर ग़ाफ़िल रहे अपनी ही नादानियों से हम,
पर हर लम्हा मुतासिर रहे तेरी रानाइयों से हम।
All my life I remained unaware of my own foolish ways,
Yet every single moment, I was enchanted by your radiant grace.
हमने हर बार झुकाया तेरी बारगाह में अपना सर,
और तू बेरहम बनकर ढाता रहा हम पर सितम।
Every single time, I bowed my head in your reverence so deep,
While you remained ruthless, causing me endlessly to weep.
ज़िंदगी भर सताता रहा हमको बस तेरा ही ग़म,
अब तमन्ना यही है कि तेरे कूचे में निकले ये दम।
All my life, it was only the sorrow of your love that pained my soul,
Now my sole desire remains to draw my last breath at your threshold.
Ramesh Kaul
No comments:
Post a Comment