एक फूल की फ़ितरत (Ek Phool ki Fitrat)
stanza 1 चमन ने फूल से कहा एक दिन, संभाल के रहना बिखर न जाना हवा के झोंकों से। फूल ने वापस कहा उसी दम, बिखरना मेरी फ़ितरत है और कैसे हवा को रोकूं मैं।
English Translation: The garden said to the flower one day, "Be careful, do not get scattered by the gusts of wind." The flower replied at that very instant, "Scattering is my nature, and how can I stop the wind?"
stanza 2 कभी बिखरता हूँ मैं खुशबू बनकर, हवा के झोंकों को अपने साथ लेकर। कभी मुरझा के गिर जाता हूँ, हवा के झोंकों से तेरी मिट्टी के ही अंदर।
English Translation: Sometimes I scatter as fragrance, taking the gusts of wind along with me. Sometimes I wither and fall from the breeze, sinking into your very soil.
stanza 3 नव बहार में उभर के आता हूँ मैं, एक नये फूल की डाली बनकर। फिर हवा के झोंके झूमते हुए आते हैं और लहराते हैं मुझे अक्सर।
English Translation: In the new spring, I emerge anew as a branch of a fresh flower. Then the breezes come dancing by, making me sway time and again.
stanza 4 कभी झूलते हैं मुझे हवा के झोंके, अपनी बांहों में लेकर। कभी चूमती है मेरे होंठ, ठंडी हवा हल्की सी फुहार बनकर।
English Translation: Sometimes the gusts of wind swing me, holding me in their arms. Sometimes the cool breeze kisses my lips, turning into a gentle drizzle.
stanza 5 कभी कोई दिलजला आशिक़ तोड़ कर मुझे ले जाता है, अपनी महबूब को रिझाने के लिए। कभी कोई दिलशिकस्ता मेरा गुलदस्ता बनाकर ले जाता है, अपना रसूख़ बढ़ाने के लिए।
English Translation: Sometimes a heartbroken lover plucks me to woo his beloved. Sometimes someone disappointed makes a bouquet out of me to boost their status.
stanza 6 कभी कोई भक्त ले जाता है मुझको, मंदिरों में देवों पे चढ़ाने के लिए। और कभी कोई मुल्ला काटकर मुझको ले जाता है, मक़बरों पे सजाने के लिए।
English Translation: Sometimes a devotee takes me away to offer to the deities in temples. And sometimes a cleric cuts me away to decorate shrines and tombs.
stanza 7 जब ज़िंदा होता हूँ तो बाद-ए-सबा महकती है, मेरी ख़ खुशबू के ही दम पर। और जब कट जाता हूँ किसी टहनी से, तो इंसान के ही काम आता हूँ मैं अक्सर।
English Translation: When I am alive, the morning breeze blooms fragrant purely on the strength of my perfume. And when I am cut from a branch, I still end up serving humanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment