Thursday, 30 July 2026

Raze Maykashi


उर्दू नज़्म: राज़-ए-मयकाशी (Secret of Intoxication)

पी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो नशा तारी है। जी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो हमारी बारी है।

I have drunk a lot, now intoxication has taken over me. I have lived enough, now it is my turn.

इल्ज़ाम पीने का बहुत लगाए हैं हम पे साक़ी ने। रिंद हूँ मैं कैसे एतराज करूँ अब तक ख़ुमार बाक़ी है। शेख़ ने भी मेरे ख़िलाफ़ फ़तवा किया जारी है। पी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो नशा तारी है।

The cupbearer (Saaqi) has accused me of drinking heavily. I am a drunkard, how can I object when the hangover/intoxication still remains? Even the Sheikh has issued a religious decree (fatwa) against me. I have drunk a lot, now intoxication has taken over me.

रोज़ चला जाता हूँ मयख़ाना पीने के लिए। जो ज़माने ने दिए वो ग़म ग़लत करने के लिए। कैसे परहेज़ करूँ इस से मैं यह अज़ल की देनदारी है। पी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो नशा तारी है।

Every day I head to the tavern to drink, To wash away the sorrows that the world has given me. How can I abstain from it? This is a debt owed since eternity. I have drunk a lot, now intoxication has taken over me.

पी कर बोलता हूँ मैं सच और करता हूँ दिल की बात। होश में कहता हूँ बड़ी नफ़ासत और शाइस्तगी के साथ। यह सिर्फ़ मैं नहीं कहता जानती यह दुनिया सारी है। पी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो नशा तारी है।

When drunk, I speak the truth and express what is in my heart. When conscious, I speak with great elegance and politeness. It is not just me saying this; the whole world knows it. I have drunk a lot, now intoxication has taken over me.

मोहब्बत में बड़ी लताफ़त है मगर इस में भी धोखा है। तुम भी मोहब्बत कर के देखो तुम्हें भी किसने रोका है। मगर यह ख़ून-ए-दिल पीना है और जान निसारी है। पी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो नशा तारी है।

There is great delicacy in love, yet there is betrayal in it too. You try loving as well—who is stopping you? But it requires drinking the heart's blood and sacrificing one's life. I have drunk a lot, now intoxication has taken over me.

बावफ़ा बनके तूने माँगा मुझसे मोहब्बत का सिला। बेवफ़ा मान लिया तूने मुझे, मैंने किया फिर भी न गिला। तुम्हें क़रार मिला और मेरे नसीब में बेक़रारी है। पी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो नशा तारी है।

Posing as faithful, you asked me for the reward of love. You deemed me unfaithful, yet I still made no complaint. You found peace, while restlessness became my destiny. I have drunk a lot, now intoxication has taken over me.

कितने ही ज़ख़्म दिए तूने मुझे हर दम। मैं करता रहा तेरा लिहाज़ करके अपना सर ख़म। हमें लगता था शायद यही दुनियादारी है। पी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो नशा तारी है।

You gave me so many wounds at every moment, Yet out of respect for you, I kept my head bowed. I thought perhaps this is how the ways of the world work. I have drunk a lot, now intoxication has taken over me.

ज़िंदगी ने हमको बेरुख़ी से बहुत सताया है। ज़हर भी दवा जानकर हमने नोश फ़रमाया है। बहुत हो चुका है बस, अब तो बाज़ी हमारी है। पी चुका हूँ बहुत अब तो नशा तारी है।

Life has tormented me greatly with its indifference. I even consumed poison, treating it like medicine. Enough is enough, now the turn (game) belongs to me. I have drunk a lot, now intoxication has taken over me.

नींद में ही मेरा सारा बचपन गुज़र गया। आँख अभी खुली न थी जवानी भी गुज़र गयी। अब बुढ़ापा आ गया है जो ज़िंदगी पे भारी है। पी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो नशा तारी है।

My entire childhood slipped away in sleep. Before my eyes could even open, my youth passed away too. Now old age has arrived, which weighs heavily on life. I have drunk a lot, now intoxication has taken over me.

गर्द्दिश-ए-अय्याम ने तो मुझे बहुत सिखाया है। ज़िंदगी के हर पहलू से मुझे वाक़िफ़ कराया है। जी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो हमारी बारी है। पी चुका हूँ बहुत मैं अब तो नशा तारी है।

The turning of times (vicissitudes of life) has taught me a lot. It has made me familiar with every aspect of life. I have lived enough, now it is my turn. I have drunk a lot, now intoxication has taken over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment