Saturday 19 November 2022

My Wanderings - 94 Shrimad Bhagwathgita as understood by me to rediscover my Late Father Dr.Sham Lal Kaul, who was an ardent follower and personification of its ideals. Part 4

My Wanderings - 94                                                   Shrimad Bhagwathgita as understood by me to rediscover my late Father Dr.Sham Lal Kaul, who was an ardent follower and personification of its ideals .                                  Part - 4

Krishna says further  to Arjuna, you love me and you are very happy on hearing my greatness . Listen carefully to my extremely valuable words, which I shall speak to you , for the sake of your welfare. 

I am different from achetans , because I do not keep on changing like achetans .
I am different from chetans in world because chetans are born with a new body and die to leave the body . But I am not subject to such births and deaths.
I am also different from chetans , which are liberated I.e which have attained Kaivalya or Moksha. But I was never born in this world , like these chetans.
So I am completely different from all groups of chetans and achetans . I do not have any birth at any time.

                    From beginningless times I am never born. I am the great Lord of all Lords of the world. Even Bramha , the creator , belongs to the category of beings in world. Due to past extreme punya , he has become Bramha . The seven great Rishis , viz. Brighu and others were born from the mind of Bramha for creation of beings in the universe. These human beings are all therefore descendants of the Rishis. These Rishis are all under my control and obey my will.

               Such people who desire to be in constant union with me and who worship me . I with love and affection give them intellect leading to bhakti, so they attain me with out delay.

             I am the soul or atma seated in the hearts of all beings, who constitute my body . The soul supports the body , controls the body . So I , as the soul of all beings support all beings , control all beings, I am the cause of their origin, maintenance and dissolution. 

                        Then Shrikrishna , who is the Supreme Bhrahman , Narayana , showed to Arjuna ,his Supreme sovereign form, which is the controller of the universe , and on which the entire universe depends. It was the Virat  sarupa. The Lord was having many mouths and eyes, many wonderful aspects, many divine ornaments and divine weapons held erect. He was having divine garlands and dress with divine perfumes , full of all wonders shining infinite ( limit less both in space and time) and with faces in all directions . There Arjuna saw the whole universe consisting of all chetans and achetans remaining in one portion of his body. The chetans were divided into Brahma, other Devas, animals, men, immovable objects and the like. Arjuna also saw in the Lord's body earth, heaven and other similar worlds. Again all the objects of enjoyments were also there. Then Arjuna bowed his head before the Lord and said, I see in your body all the Devas Bramha , Siva , who is in Bramha ( Siva who acts as per wishes of Bramha) rishis and shining stars like Vasuki and Takshaka. You are the indestructible supreme Brahman , as pointed out in Upnishdas . You support this universe . You are unchangeable and not liable to decline. You protect the vedic dharma, by taking avatars like this i.e Krishna . I now realise , krishna, by direct perception, that you are of this Supreme nature. All the fourteen worlds, the space between earth and heaven and all the directions are pervaded by you alone. Seeing you pervading everything, infinite in magnitude and extremely wonderful and terrible, my limbs have become weak and my senses are shaken up. All these sons of Dhritrashtra with all the kings on their side , Bhishma , Dhrona and Karna along with some important warriors from our side also enter with speed into your mouths and getting destroyed.  

         Then Shrkrishna replies to Arjuna, I showed you this terrible form only to impress upon you that I myself have decided to destroy the kings in the Kaurva army . So you are only an instrument in killing them, by fighting this war. All these people on the opposite side , who have committed wrong , have already been killed by me. You need not to feel sorry to fight the war , out of the love for relatives or out of pity. Therefore,  fight without any doubt. You will conquer the enemies in the war. There is absolutely nothing wrong in killing them.
              Then Arjuna  asks Shrikrishna that some people desire to be united with you , holding you alone as the supreme object of attainment. There are some others , who meditate on the soul, which is indestructible and can't be seen with naked eye. Of these two types of people , who reach sooner their goal. 
Then Krishna replies to Arjuna  , Those who fix their minds always on me , because of My being exceedingly dear to them, who worship me with supreme faith and who are eager to have eternal union with me , such people, attain me , the Supreme goal, easily and very soon. So, they are the best among those who try to realise their goal. I lift such people from the deadly ocean of world of  births and deaths , with out delay.

                 A person who controls well his senses or Indriyas , who sees all souls as equal because they are solely of the form of knowledge , whether they are in the bodies of Devas or other beings . Who is interested in the welfare of all beings and he who  becomes unhappy if other beings suffer. such a person who mediates on the soul in this manner , also realises the soul. The soul in its liberated state , has the same auspicious qualities as Myself, like being free from births and deaths. 

             As a first step give up the fruits of your actions . Only when all the sins have been destroyed , a person develops the mind which holds me exceedingly dear , and which sees me , as the only object of attainment. Perform all works without attachment to fruits , as a form of my worship and for the sake of my pleasure . Then you will be able to successfully meditate on the soul after controlling the mind. By such a meditation all ignorance and delusions like mistaking the body for the soul, will be destroyed. After that, you will see that the individual soul is solely dependent on me. By this knowledge, you will then get supreme devotion to me .

             The person  who does bhakti yoga to attain Me , is far superior to one who meditates on the Soul, because Bhakti yoga is more pleasant to do and fruit also( i.e Myself ) is the highest. 

                 Then Arjuna asks  Shrikrishna to define the characteristics of person who has equanimity of mind and  is dear to you . To  this Shrikrishna replies , one who is not envious but is kind friend to all living entities, who does not think himself a proprietor and is free from false ego , who is equal in both happiness and distress,  who is tolerant , always satisfied , self controlled and engaged in devotional service with determination, his mind and intelligence fixed on me, such a devotee of of mine is very dear to me.

( In the last paragraph of this write up I can match the characteristics of my Late father Dr. Sham Lal Koul, as described by Shrikrishan of the people  having equanimity of mind and dear to him and that is the reason why I entitled this 'SHRIMAD BHAGHWATGITA as  understood by me  to rediscover my father.'
rkkaul.blogspot.com
to be concluded......

No comments:

Post a Comment