Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Shivoham

Shivoham Shivoham

This text is a Kashmiri translation of Adi Shankaracharya’s famous Sanskrit hymn, Atma Shatakam (also known as Nirvana Shatakam), which reflects on the nature of the true Self, transcending physical form, emotion, and worldly ties to realize oneness with the Divine.

Below is the English translation following each stanza:

न मन छुस न बुदि न चित अहंकार न कन, जेव न नेत्र न छुस वायुदार न जल छुस न पृथवी न दजुवुन भ नार न पचं भूत न इंद्री नय प्राण आधार सदा पोशवुन युस शिवय छुस शिवय छुस

I am not the mind, intellect, memory, or ego; I am not the ears, tongue, eyes, or air. I am not water, earth, nor the burning fire; I am not the five elements, the senses, nor the breath that sustains life. I am ever-flourishing: I am Shiva, I am Shiva.

न छुम दीष रागय न लोबय न मोहय न कान्ह मे गर्व छुम न ईरषा थवान छुस न धर्म न मोखशिच कामना करान छुस न कामय न भेय काहं वासना रछान छुस अनादि अनंत युस शिवय छुस शिवय छुस

I have no hatred or attachment, no greed or delusion; I hold no pride, nor do I harbor jealousy. I desire neither righteousness nor liberation; I harbor no worldly longings or desires. Beginningless and endless: I am Shiva, I am Shiva.

न पुन्नी न पापय, न सोख दोख हेवान छुस न मंत्र जपान छुस न तीर्थ करान छुस न वीदय परान छुस न यज्ञय करान छुस न भोजन भ छुस न भोक्ता भ आसान जगत चेन्वन छुस शिवय छुस शिवय छुस

I accumulate neither virtue nor sin, nor do I take pleasure or pain; I chant no mantras, nor do I go on pilgrimages. I read no Vedas, nor do I perform rituals; I am neither the food, nor the consumer, nor the act of enjoying the world. I am Shiva, I am Shiva.

न मृत्यू न शॅका न छुम जाति भेदय न छुस माजि या मालिस भ जामुत न गोरय न शिशय न कान्ह मित्र थवान छुस न जामुत न प्यामुत न भधंय न भान्धव शून्यस मन्ज शून्नी छुस शिवय छुस शिवय छुस

I have no fear of death, no doubts, and no discrimination of caste; I was not born to any mother or father. I have no teacher, no disciple, nor any friend; I am unborn, untouched by fall, bound by no tie or kin. I am the void within the void: I am Shiva, I am Shiva.

निराकार रुप भेय अदैत सरुप छुस परम आनदंस मंज रोजान जरुर छुस न मुख्तय न बन्दय , पृथ जाय भूय छुस न नावय न आकार , परम सत्य भूy छुस चिदान्द रूपय शिवय छुस शिवय छुस

I am formless, the embodiment of non-duality; I dwell eternally in supreme bliss. I am neither bound nor liberated—I pervade every space; Without name or shape, I am the ultimate truth. I am pure consciousness and bliss: I am Shiva, I am Shiva.

No comments:

Post a Comment